EMIS Web integration
WinVoicePro integration with EMIS Web enhances document workflow resulting in better clinical information-sharing between primary and secondary care and helping to improve both patient safety and quality of care. It offers a bespoke demographic and appointment feed from EMIS Web and the ability to upload a document verified within WinVoicePro back into EMIS Web. In addition, there is support for multiple organisations (demographic sources) within the one integration.
- WinVoicePro imports up-to-date patient information from the SCI-Diabetes database to part-populate documents for the user
- Users can amend, verify and store documents as normal within Electronic Patient Records (EPRs), DMS or portal systems
- Verified documents are uploaded to Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) and can be viewed by anyone authorised to access a patient’s medical history
- WinVoicePro and SCI-Diabetes are automatically synchronised.
- Significant time savings by avoiding double data entry
- Fosters more accurate data recording for patients and appropriate system use
- Provides a proven means to integrate to other clinical systems, allowing bi-directional data flow.
Dentist & optometrist dispatch
- Automatically stays up-to-date with ISD (the national dentist and optometrist lists for Scotland) files
- Centralised control over the management of dentist, optometrist and GP lists
- Automated dispatch process means verified PDF documents are emailed immediately to the patient’s referring practice inbox without secretarial intervention.
- No additional training for WinVoicePro users
- Documents are emailed via the ‘@nhs.net’ framework, adhere to standard practices and satisfy NHS security policies
- Centralised control of healthcare provider lists allows them to be updated easily and ensures accuracy
- Significant financial savings on printing, postage and resource time costs
- Eliminates the time involved in scanning hard-copies at the receiving practice, freeing up resources for other tasks.
MIG (Medical Interoperability Gateway) integration
- Clinical correspondence created in WinVoicePro can be sent electronically by pulling in recipient data from the MIG platform
- Automatic electronic document dispatch to multiple GPs
- If documents cannot be sent via MIG, or if dispatch fails, the secretarial team will be notified to print and post a copy of the document.
- A completely managed hospital-to-practice document processing solution
- Saves time by streamlining the administrative process
- Removes the need for documents to be printed, verified and posted leading to tangible cost savings.
A full on-site installation of WinVoicePro is a pre-requisite for implementing the application’s NHS add-ons described here.
WinVoicePro SCI-Diabetes and WinVoicePro Dentist & Optometrist Dispatch are available immediately to NHS Boards in Scotland. Both follow a standard integration process that makes them equally applicable to NHS Trusts in England.