Voice Technologies has developed digital support for the National Early Warning Score (NEWS2) system. Our web-based NEWS2 system lets NHS staff record physiological measurements digitally at the patient’s bedside.
If you’re looking to replace the paper-based chart with a digital alternative, Voice Technologies has the answer.
Our NEWS2 system allows physiological measurements to be recorded on either a PC or mobile device. NEWS2 uses six physiological measurements: respiratory rate; oxygen saturation; temperature; systolic blood pressure; heart rate and level of consciousness. Each scores 0–3.
The system automatically calculates the aggregate score immediately improving the accuracy of the system. Scores can be centrally monitored at a ward, hospital, board or trust level allowing care to be directed to where it is needed.
Once a patient is discharged, the final NEWS2 record is automatically uploaded to the electronic patient record ensuring the document is available for review if required.
- No client install required.
- Data security guaranteed.
- Patient information up-to-date and shared instantly.
- No need for hard copies, saving £0.63+ per document (source: NHS Tayside, 2014).
- Patient data readily accessible for analysis and reporting.