Voice Technologies is an award-winning, employee-owned software and hardware provider based in Paisley (near Glasgow) and Sheffield in the UK. It has an enviable track record of developing innovative software products in the fast-moving fields of information and mobile workflow, speech recognition and digital dictation.
Increasing demand has led to the expansion of our team.
Service Desk Engineer
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic individual to join our service desk team. There is never a dull day in our service desk! Members of our service desk team report directly to the Service Desk Manager and are responsible for helping to support our 30,000+ users:
- Logging support desk calls via email and telephone
- Responding to and resolving support cases in respect to SLAs
- Onsite support and installations if / when required
- Health check customer servers
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a systematic approach to work and tasks and report directly to the Service Desk Manager.
We offer significant opportunities for training, leading to career progression in project work and on into management.
Successful candidates will have a strong IT background, be highly customer orientated and will be able to demonstrate a systematic approach to work and tasks. They will possess:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
- A good understanding of desktop support
- An understanding of peripheral device connections
- A proven ability to be proactive in the support of customers.
Attributes required for the role include:
- Working to a high standard
- Working with legal, local government or professional services organisations
- Digital dictation or speech recognition technology
- Use of remote support (Logmein, TeamViewer, GoToAssist, RDP, VNC)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Use of CRM systems
- Driving licence
Interested? To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.