Police forces in the UK face pressure on resources, as well as outdated systems and onerous paperwork; and those are just some of the many issues that are impacting their ability to support local communities while building relationships and combating crime.
Detailed and accurate reporting is essential for successful convictions so new ways of working and embracing new technology are essential to balance workload demands with finite resources, especially when facing cuts in police numbers and pressure on budgets.
From analog to digital
Voice Technologies’ digital dictation and voice recognition software and equipment for police forces replace manual note taking and outdated analogue systems. They can help police teams spend less time on documentation and more time on the beat where they are visible, available, preventing crime and reassuring the public.
Our recorders provide superior audio quality and perfect ergonomics. With cloud dictation solutions, officers can securely access their entire dictation workflow, even when they are on the go.
- Eliminate the need to decipher handwritten notes or try to recall details from hours before. Officers simply speak to create detailed and accurate incident reports, 3 times faster than typing and with up to 99% recognition accuracy.
- High recognition accuracy while dictating, even for users with accents or those working in open office or mobile environments; making it ideal for diverse work groups and settings.
- Improve in‑car documentation and safety while officers are stationary in their patrol cars. Officers can look up license plates simply by saying “Enter license plate Alpha Bravo Charlie 123,” or write reports and respond to calls – all while staying heads up and with their eyes on their surroundings.
- Reduce dependencies on outsourced transcription services and costs. Support staff can transcribe recorded notes or voice files of another single speaker into text quickly and easily back at the computer, or transcribe batch files of audio recordings.
- Empower officers to complete reports with a high‑quality, handheld microphone. Officers can dictate, edit, navigate and review documents, or switch dictation on and off using a toggle button if they need to exit the vehicle quickly. And with programmable buttons, automate steps such as advancing sequentially through form fields of an incident report.
Don’t let analog record management hold you back and achieve:
- Faster document creation
- Streamline processes, save time
- Reduce multiple back-and-forth editing rounds
- Ensure compliance and reduce risk
- Reduce administrative burden for IT support.
The devices are being used operationally, the quality of audio and battery life is excellent! …even the technophobes are impressed, easy to use and a great product.Detective Inspector Rachel Higson, Lancashire Constabulary Read case study