Voice Technologies are proud to be a part of the runner up solution with University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire NHS Trust in the ‘Best use of IT to support healthcare business efficiency’ category at the EHI Awards 2014.
UHCW, with the help of Voice Technologies, implemented a Trust wide Dictation and Document Production system which incorporated and streamlined all of the activities, staff, and data systems involved in the creation, management, and delivery of patient letters.
As one of the UK’s largest teaching trusts, UHCW serve over one million people across two hospitals and had found that the transcription and generation of patient letters in the Trust was slow and inefficient – It was estimated that each secretary spent five hours a day managing the existing letter production process.
Analysis shows that the solution has achieved significant quantifiable results to date, including:
- Time savings of 3.8 minutes per patient letter.
- A reduction in average patient letter turnaround time – from 10.29 days to 4.98 days (meeting Admin Academy standards).
- Paperless transmission of correspondence, amounting to 420,000 letters sent and £151,620 saved per year on printing and postage.
- Expected full year saving of roughly 28,000 typist hours due to improved processes.
- Increased clinical and administrative satisfaction.
- No lost or corrupted voice files.
This intuitive solution for UHCW is one that could be easily replicated in other NHS Trusts due to the flexibility of approach and install. By mapping out operational processes associated with clinical correspondence similar organisations could certainly unearth similar organisational results.
For more information on this particular solution, you can contact our expert team directly on 0114 244 9960 (England) / 0141 847 5610 (Scotland) or download the related case study.